Hannah Williams is a whirlwind of soul, love, lust and anger that leaves behind tatters of whichever stage she graces. Following Amy Winehouse and Adele, she’s a British soul singer here to change the shape of popular music for the better, and she’s backed by an outstanding crew of the finest musicians the UK has to offer: “The Affirmations“.
The title track of her second explosive LP “Late Nights & Heartbreak“, produced by the iconic Malcolm Catto (The Heliocentric, Mulatu, DJ Shadow, Floating Points…), is the main structure of “4:44“, one of the most important songs ever released by the American superstar Jay-Z, which gives also the name to his latest album.Blessed by Sharon Jones, Hannah Williams exploded onto the soul scene with her debut album a “Hill Of Feathers” in 2012. The first single “Work it Out” was an independent hit on the airwaves all over the world. From USA to Australia and all around Europe, the single became beloved; to the point where it spent time as the #1 most downloaded song in Greece. The official video has also garnered over a million views on YouTube.
The story of Hannah Williams seems to be written in lore from day one. Her father was a musically gifted minister, and her mother let her join the church choir at the age of 6. Hannah could read music before she could properly read words. Now she’s an unstoppable force of incredible, once-in-a-lifetime talent. After the release of her first album, she was catapulted all around Europe, capturing the hearts of all they met including (among others): Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, Cat Power, Charles Bradley and Craig Charles.With her latest LP, the whirlwind of Soul is back to grace stages around the world and leave them in tatters afterwards. It will not take long for anyone who hears “Late Nights and Heartbreak” to be conquered by this unique and heart breaking, dance floor shaking blend of raw and real Soul.
- “It’ll rock your socks off” – Giant Step USA
- “One of the records of the year” – Return To The Classic SPAIN
- “Powerful… Soul lovers, rejoice!” – Ozarts Etc FRANCE
- “Stunning… Hannah’s performance lifts her on a par with London’s Adele & Amy Winehouse.” – Soul Guru GERMANY
- “Electrifying” The Orange Press AUSTRALIA
- “Magnificent” – LoudAt UK
- “Magnificent” – Craig Charles BBC Funk & Soul Show UK
- “Beautiful and powerful… For those who love soul” – Pause Musicale FRANCE
- “Wonderful” – Sherwood ITALY
- “The same feeling as when I first heard Etta James” – Dubbe SWEDEN
- “If you lapped up the last Sharon Jones album, this one’s for you” – Monkey Boxing UK
- “Continental Sophistication” – MintSouth UK
- “Strong and funky” – Bama Love Soul USA
- “The best in raw soul and deep funk” – 1Beat GERMANY
- “As good a soul album as you’ll hear all year” The Examiner USA
- “Snazzy” – Perlich Post CANADA
- “A funkbomb” Blues & Soul Magazine UK
- “Remarkable, raw and dexterous voice” – Juno records
- “Williams would probably sound good singing names out of the telephone directory” – Soultracks.com
- “Hannah’s got some serious vocal chops!” – Heavy soul Brutha magazine
- “A tight as hell band” – Musica-re