Born and raised in South London, Hector is a designer, producer and DJ, who has been making some considerable waves over the past year. Following up an appearance on the most recent Gilles Peterson Brownswood Bubblers compilation, Hector proved his talent when he was selected as the winner of the PRS Steve Reid InNOVAtion Award.
Having played alongside the likes of Gilles Peterson, Kutmah, Alexander Nut, MNDSGN, Onra, Dego, Kaidi, Max Graef & Glenn Astro; Hector finds himself in the good company of those talented selectors who play genres across the spectrum of Hip-hop, Beats, Funk, Soul, Disco, Afro-beat, House and Jazz.
When he’s not in the studio or behind the decks Hector also co-runs independent music label 92 points, curates a monthly vinyl only night in Brixton called Crates and hosts the monthly 92 Points Show on NTS Radio, Wednesdays 7-9PM.
Album Support, Quotes & Achievements
– Radio Support – Album of the month on BBC 6 Music, Gilles Peterson, Lauren Laverne, Tom Ravenscroft & Jamie Callum on BBC Radio 2.
– Features / Premiers – i-D, Boiler Room, Fact Magazine
– Sync / Bespoke Composition – Google, Nike, i-D
– Tour Support & Festivals – Flako, Yussef Dayes, Afriquoi, Glastonbury
– Winner of the Steve Reid InNOVation Award earning mentorship from Floating Points & Four Tet.
“Very very good!’ – Gilles Peterson, 6 Music
“It’s the soundtrack to joining a really great cult, that’s somewhere warm and pretty.”, – Tom Ravenscroft, 6 Music
“A beautiful album from beginning to end. One of those ones you can really just put on and enjoy all the time, so pleasing to the ear but has many, many layers underneath it when you get into it. Really excited to discover him this year.”, – Jamie Cullum (BBC Radio 2)
“Sunshine has been acknowledged by many as a contender for best electronic album of the year. Lofty praise. But as the year draws to a close, it’s beginning to look less like a contender and more like a dead cert.” – Bonafide Magazine